o__________o
SO MUCH.
1. School was ehhhhhhhhhh but not as miserable as the other day. I've been keeping really busy, which cheered me up. I like being busy. I was kind of frantically scribbling to-do lists everywhere and I like the idea of having a lot of things to get done (I don't know why). Apparently, even though I underestimate myself, I'm "capable of accomplishing a great deal."
2. In my effort to be well-read and also to quench my thirst for knowledge, I've been delving into.......everything. I have piles upon piles of books waiting to be soaked up (currently on Speak, Memory, and completely in love with it) and not a day passes when I don't see a subject of interest and look it up somewhere. It's crazy and a little overwhelming, mentally, to have so much going on at once, but it's satisfying. Even with millions of little particles tumbling around, my mind feels a little wider and looser and more cultured if that makes sense.
I haven't really gotten quite a grasp on anything yet, anyway: I still have to narrow down what I like. I've been printing everything out that interests me.
I don't know I feel really too jumbled to write right now, I just felt like updating again, and...stuff.
3) Of all the things that can bring back memories most strongly, smell and sound, for me, are the most effective. By sound I mostly mean music. As for smell, this morning I happened to open a bottle of lotion right before we left because my hands were dry, and this lotion was the same kind I used to have, 2ish years ago, that I would use all the time. That time came rushing back into my...consciousness? comprehension?, and I felt the memories in that weird way where you can sense vaguely what they entail but it's as far from literal as you can get (this, despite Speak Memory? I'm ashamed of my wording today...)............I am not making sense.
Anyway.
I was supposed to hang out with Heather today but I had too many obligations (true) and I couldn't get a ride (Harvey Milk will have to wait D:). It will be a relief to be able to drive. Soon. Anyway that bummed me out, but this weekend we might visit Hollyhock House together, which is an exciting prospect.
That is pretty much it.
Or part of it, anyway.
I kind of wish I could talk to Eric right now.
Or Jack.
but that is nothing new.
See ya later.
1. School was ehhhhhhhhhh but not as miserable as the other day. I've been keeping really busy, which cheered me up. I like being busy. I was kind of frantically scribbling to-do lists everywhere and I like the idea of having a lot of things to get done (I don't know why). Apparently, even though I underestimate myself, I'm "capable of accomplishing a great deal."
2. In my effort to be well-read and also to quench my thirst for knowledge, I've been delving into.......everything. I have piles upon piles of books waiting to be soaked up (currently on Speak, Memory, and completely in love with it) and not a day passes when I don't see a subject of interest and look it up somewhere. It's crazy and a little overwhelming, mentally, to have so much going on at once, but it's satisfying. Even with millions of little particles tumbling around, my mind feels a little wider and looser and more cultured if that makes sense.
I haven't really gotten quite a grasp on anything yet, anyway: I still have to narrow down what I like. I've been printing everything out that interests me.
I don't know I feel really too jumbled to write right now, I just felt like updating again, and...stuff.
3) Of all the things that can bring back memories most strongly, smell and sound, for me, are the most effective. By sound I mostly mean music. As for smell, this morning I happened to open a bottle of lotion right before we left because my hands were dry, and this lotion was the same kind I used to have, 2ish years ago, that I would use all the time. That time came rushing back into my...consciousness? comprehension?, and I felt the memories in that weird way where you can sense vaguely what they entail but it's as far from literal as you can get (this, despite Speak Memory? I'm ashamed of my wording today...)............I am not making sense.
Anyway.
I was supposed to hang out with Heather today but I had too many obligations (true) and I couldn't get a ride (Harvey Milk will have to wait D:). It will be a relief to be able to drive. Soon. Anyway that bummed me out, but this weekend we might visit Hollyhock House together, which is an exciting prospect.
That is pretty much it.
Or part of it, anyway.
I kind of wish I could talk to Eric right now.
Or Jack.
but that is nothing new.
See ya later.
�Post a Comment